Your cart is currently empty.
Continue browsing here.
Shipping, taxes, and discounts will be calculated at checkout.
Avanti’s cigars originated in 1901 when Dominic Anthony and Frank Suraci left their small Italian village in Calabria to begin a new life in New York City. Familiar with the small hand-rolled cigars known as TOSCANO, the Suracis saw an opportunity to capitalize on their love of these cigars and serve the growing Italian-American population. By the 1920’s, they were manufacturing and selling their best rated cigars as the State Leaf Company. In 1925 they purchased a Jersey City factory from the Parodi family, a leading competitor. Parodis became the primary brand and the company was named Parodi Cigar. The Suraci Brothers fell on difficult times during the stock market crash of 1929. So they relocated to Scranton, Pennsylvania, close to major East Coast cities. After World War II they purchased another key competitor, DeNobili Cigar Company of Long Island. By 1952, the brothers were in control of 75% of the Italian-style cigar market. In 1963 they purchased the only remaining competitor, Petri Cigar. In 1970 the signature Avanti Cigar, flavored with an anisette tip, was introduced and went on to become the company’s premier brand of best rated cigars. This style cigar was so successful the Parodi Cigar Group reorganized and became the Avanti Cigar Company. Over a century after its founding the Avanti Cigar Company has come full circle. Inspired by the legendary TOSCANO cigar, the company was acquired in 2015 by Manifatture Sigaro Toscano, part of the Maccaferri Group. Avanti Cigar Company remains the only producer of dry cured cigars in the United States.
No results found